Thursday, March 24, 2011

Rhyming Races!


How to Play Rhyming Races
1. Illustrate beautiful words.
2. Split up into teams.
3. You get 2 minutes per word to come up with as many rhymes as possible.
4. You can use made-up words, but only if you give them definitions.
5. Whichever team has the most rhymes wins!
6. Write poems using your words.
 Sugar

Wrong  Spring
By Queenie, Age 10
Spring is here.
but the trees are bare.
Birds don’t sing
and they’re not flying.
Instead they’re sleeping.
With still wings.
Snowmen are still alive,
and bees are in their hive.
There’s dark clouds in the sky,
ready to hail on I.
Is spring going to be like this all year long?
Oh, my calendar’s wrong.
Colors
By Ayoka, Age 10
Yellow
I don’t feel so well-oh.
I don’t know who to tell-oh.
I stink and I smell-oh
my barf is yellow.
Untitled
By Quadir W, Age 7
Love is liking another person.
Foxes are furry.
Games are fun.
Kings are powerful.
Socks keep your feet warm.
I came from my mom.
Rocks are hard.
Shocks really hurt.
Rhyme Time
By  Qadir M.
I got that money, that bling
I got everything
People call me the king
A king that can rap and sing
I got a house made of gold
right on top of these hills
I never had to pay a dime
So I never got those bills
I love the spring rain
When I’m going to Maine
And when I go to Spain
I take a train


Want me to tell you
When push comes to shove

I don’t run, I fly
like a little white dove
I got a little orange fox
Which lives in a box
He chases bunnies that are hopping
and comes with me when I’m shopping
This is a Rhyme
That comes from the heart
This is my time.
To bring people closer and not rip them apart


No comments:

Post a Comment